Friday, December 12, 2008

Monkey Business

I found the cutest little monkey costume this year, so I thought maybe Lily would like to be a monkey for Halloween. Lucky for me, I talked it up and she was excited to put it on. (Especially when she realized people might give her candy if she wore it....)


We went to a local nursing home that week to sing Halloween songs and Lily did pretty well. It was really hot (as most nursing homes are) so the hat didn't last the whole time.


She thought it was neat that she was a "Mommy Monkey" and could carry a "baby" monkey....whatever works!


Then she got to wear her costume to school. I didn't realize they were going trick or treating after lunch, so I am not sure if the costume made it that long! Last year they went right after they got there. She did get a lot of candy though, going with her classes to the different church offices. I heard that she momentarily freaked out when they were on their way and the church bells started to go off when they were right next to them....Loud sounds are not our friends....


And then we had to trick or treat at Grandma Jane's house - I didn't realize that I should have taken her picture BEFORE she opened her treat bag, because there was no way under the sun to get her to put the camera down after she saw it! She has been using it continuously since then!

No comments: