
We had a zoo class with Michelle, Grace and Kate right around Groundhog Day. I believe this one was Animal Mouths. Lily did a great job petting the animals they brought around - she is the master of "one finger" - we have worked hard on that! First she touched a bumpy lizard.

She was happy to touch the snake - and though I am not a fan of snakes up close and personal, I must say this was one of the prettier snakes I had ever seen!

And she loved the baby alligator. She tends to touch everything on the hind-end. I think it seems less scary to her - no eyes and mouths to intimidate! I am always afraid an animal won't see her coming until she pokes it in the hip, but they seem to be fine with it so far!

Later, the class went outside into the zoo, which is a fun addition to this class level. The baby class just stayed in the room, but it has been fun to go out and about with the zoo education people and learn more. And I am a sucker for the girls holding hands, so I had to get this picture!

For some reason, this llama was fascinated by Lily and vice versa. We have been reading a lot of "Llama llama red pajama" at bedtime, so perhaps that is why Lily was looking so closely. The llama (whose name I believe was Captain??) kept leaning down to "kiss" Lily on the head (or eat her hair???). Seeing too much Animal Planet, I just knew he was going to power-spit on her head, but she escaped unscathed. She loved it!

She also seemed to enjoy the pygmy goats this year - perhaps we will do ok in the petting zoo this summer. Last year, the nibbly animals freaked her out a bit, but maybe she will be better this year.


We stopped to have some lunch afterwards and had some time for a group picture! Kate wanted to get in the shot too, so the girls (with some help from a phantom Mommy hand) did a great job holding her for the threesome picture! Lily LOVES "Baby Kate" and rushes over to see her and talk to her every chance she gets.

1 comment:
it looks like she really likes the baby, Amy...watch out!!!
Post a Comment