WARNING!! THE FOLLOWING POST IS NOT FOR THE SQUEAMISH...IF THAT IS YOU, CLOSE THE BLOG NOW AND WAIT FOR THE NEXT DANCING VIDEO!!
That is about all the warning I can give. Today I had a pivotal Mommy moment. I knew it was coming. Others have had similar experiences. I can only say it was awhile in coming and I had my guard down....
I went to get Lily up from her nap today, and as I got near her bedroom door, I heard faintly through the door "uh-oh!! Lily poo-poo!" She has been getting more interested in using the potty, so I thought perhaps here was another practice session. As I opened the door, I stopped cold, and blinked rapidly, hoping I wasn't seeing correctly. Lily was completely naked. No shirt, no shorts, and more importantly, no diaper. The offending article was wide open on her bed. What I thought was a pre-emptive warning was, in fact, a summary of past activity. She had, indeed, Lily poo-poo'd. And it was everywhere. I snatched her up off the bed and put her in the empty tub with a emphatic "stay right there", which she agreed to. As I rounded up all the items that had been attacked, I could hear her in the tub talking to herself. After all the items were taken to the washer, I decided it was a good time for a bath. I got her back out of the tub, so I could run water. I realized I never had her in the bathroom while I ran the bathwater, so I was careful to watch her so she didn't take a header into the tub. She started splashing her hand in the stream of water, and I quickly brought her hand back out. I thought, oh great she has gotten water all over the bathroom floor. What my slow brain quickly realized was that the "splash" of water on the floor was in fact yellow....the tub filling was apparently too much for her tiny bladder and she had just piddled all over the floor. So I quickly shut the water off, tossed her in the tub, cleaned up the puddle and sat down on the stepstool. We both just looked at each other solemnly and Lily said quietly "Big mess." You said it sister.
I do believe that it was a good thing I was the one home for this rite of passage. I feel somewhat certain that if Daddy had been home, it is highly possible he would have snagged Lily out of the crib, closed the door to the bedroom, and drywalled over the whole thing....I know I thought about it!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Ahh!! Cole did this once, but for someone reason I seem to have blocked the whole thing out!
Some problems, you call a maid.
Some problems, you call a mason.
how funny only because it did not happen to me! I never had any to take their diaper off thank heavens
Post a Comment