Saturday, June 7, 2008

Base...Boll!

We went to my firm's night at the Barons last night, and the whole way in, Lily kept saying "Base....Boll! Base....Boll!" She has been to a couple of her cousin's baseball games, and the other day at Applebee's I saw her watching the TV screen where a game was on, and when the batter got a hit, she actually started clapping really fast and saying "yay!!! yay!!!" so she seems to get the idea!

So we went to the game and as soon as we got there, the team mascot started walking around waving at kids.

Babe Ruff walked up to Lily and she gave him the classic "talk to the hand" gesture, saying sternly to him "no! no no!!" And he obviously was no stranger to that gesture, so he did indeed walk away. Then later as we saw him walking around the ball park, Lily kept saying "no no bunny, no no bunny" and shaking her head and waving her hand like she was telling a waiter no more water....it was quite funny. I believe the fact that Babe is a hound dog might have escaped her. Even in the car, and when we were putting her jammies on, she kept saying "no no bunny" like there was an off-chance he might have followed us home!
UPDATE:
I woke Lily up this morning and the whole time we were putting her clothes on and eating breakfast and playing she has periodically been saying "no no bunny" and "no no hi". I asked her "you don't want to say hi to the bunny?" and she repeats it again....I never really thought she would remember it today!
UPDATE #2:
Nearly a week later....still saying it. I mentioned the baseball game to her Grandma Jean and from a few feet away, I heard "no no bunny, no no bunny"! And he really only walked by her and waved! I can't believe how she remembers that...

No comments: