
So, Lily turns two next week. Technically, that makes her still a one-year old. And tonight we gave her a bath for the first time in our big tub.
Yes, I have been bathing her in an infant tub. It clearly says "toddler" on one of the ends, so I don't want to hear it! True, with the addition of baby to the water in the past few months, we have pushed the envelope on overflow several times when she splashes and plays. True, some days I would dread bathtime in the little tub when I was wearing my work clothes, due to aforementioned overflow and the lunging of a wet baby at me, hanging off my neck like a spider monkey. And true, I have kept this secret to myself to avoid the teasing (I have comment monitoring turned on!)
But I have really enjoyed being able to stand during bathtime, and watching her make faces in the vanity mirror. She loved having me make a "point" on her head with her shampoo-ey hair. We would watch it in the mirror as it stood tall, then slapped down on her head. "More more point!" she would tell me, and we would do it a dozen times, laughing each time like the first. Tonight I made a point on her head, which she didn't even see, and I just laughed to myself. Not quite the same, maybe I will have to get a suction cup mirror for the tub.
All in all, it went quite smoothly, there was a moment of fear when I squirted her with the squirty hippo...not sure what the problem was with him. Hippo had to sit on the sidelines after that. I did have to assure her as she got out that she could do it again, that it wasn't a one-time occurance.....

1 comment:
Interesting...
But it's funny because you had made comments about Lily laughing at her pointy hair and everytime I do it, I wonder how Lily sees hers because Grace can't. I was going to ask you where you got your tub mirror...
Post a Comment