Monday, April 7, 2008

Party on!

The last weekend in March we went to Lily's friend Grace's 2nd birthday party. The day turned out beautiful, despite the weatherman promising thunderstorms during the entire party.

Grace seemed pleased with her birthday presents - Lily missed the gift opening...instead, she ran around the playground like a sailor on leave...did I mention she likes to run.

Thankfully we were able to feed her the vanilla ice cream cup while distracting her from the birthday cake. Never fear, it didn't go to waste, Mommy finished it off. I guess I should say, Mommy started it and finished it... She seems to go a bit crazy with excess sugar, so really, I was doing everyone a favor... :)

We had a blast at the park. Lily was up for much more climbing and running than the first time we were there, when she was content to pick up trash for the hour I thought she would play.


Then, the bubbles. Grace's parents brought an automatic bubble maker. All the kids had fun running through them, although I expect Lily might be disappointed in the future when I nearly pass out trying to blow bubbles with the tiny wands we have at the house!
She was a trooper though - took a large purple bubble wand to the face, and simply licked her lips and kept on going! (I keep wondering if I will ever see bubbles coming out the other side as much as we seem to lick the bubble wand as we try to make bubbles...)
Her first real lollipop was fun too - hopefully I can Shout out the red Dum-dum from where she tried to stick it down the front of her overalls to save it for later. All in good fun!




1 comment:

Michelle Carney said...

Wow- that's a much better summary of Grace's birthday than I did...Glad Lily had a good time!